For the duration of this summer’s Olympic Games Exhibition Road, London’s cultural heartland, will host a nine day cultural celebration.
Organised in conjunction with the Exhibition Road Cultural Group, of which the Royal Albert Hall is a member, the Exhibition Road Show is a festival for all ages and tastes; for music fans and art lovers, science aficionados and fashionistas, foodies and bookworms and will run from Saturday 28 July to Sunday 5 August.
Exhibition Road is bordered by several museums including the V&A, the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum.
If you’re heading to a BBC Proms event, or just in the area, then check out the great activity going on down Exhibition Road, just around the corner from the Hall!
Organisers are promising a landscape of wonder to be unfolded throughout the festival, including:
- A trio of public art commissions including Slovakian artist Tomàš Libertiny, who creates sculptures inhabited by living bees
- Live music performances from the likes of Patrick Wolf, Bishi and Eliza Carthy
- Dance and acrobatic contributions on Exhibition Road from dance troup The Exhibitionists
- Short stories celebrating the creative legacy of Exhibition Road from some of our leading authors
- Science workshops and discussions, including the opportunity to see a handmade particle accelerator in operation
- Vintage board games
- A Royal Gala Ball ballroom event, as well as a celebration of British elegance from the V&A Museum
- A delicious and eclectic selection of top quality street food
Exhibition Road is the main road between the Royal Albert Hall and South Kensington station: